Friday, August 6, 2010

Song of Solomon 1:2 - Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth

In the language of love, this verse speaks of our heart’s cry for the Holy Spirit to reveal the deep passions and affections that Jesus has for us. God’s love is all consuming, He has deep desires for us, He takes pleasure and enjoyment in us, and He delights in us!


The kisses of His mouth refer of the kisses of His Word. Rabbis have referred to the “kisses of His mouth” in this verse as the “kiss of the Torah”. The theme of the Song is the Bride’s cry for the kiss of God’s Word to touch the deepest places of her heart. God’s Word reveals His emotions and affections for us and awakens our heart to His love.

1 John 4:19 states that “We love Him because He first loved us” This verse came alive to me recently after someone prayed over me and made the declaration “You will love Him because He first loved you.” There was an awakening in my spirit that all the longing, desire, passion, and love I have for God was a result of His longing, desire, passion and love that He has for me. I enjoy God’s presence more than anything in life, but to think that He enjoys me more than I enjoy Him is staggering to my mind! Jesus said that “Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you” (Jn 15:9) God loving God, the Father loving the Son, is the measure Jesus used to describe His love for us.



The Holy Spirit wants us to experience His affections, to feel enjoyed and delighted in by God. “The love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit.” (Rom 5:5) As we are awakened to His love for us our heart overflows with love back to Him. There is nothing more satisfying to my spirit than to feel overcome with love for God; when I feel ruined for anything else in life but to worship Him and give Him the deepest affections of my heart.



Holy Spirit come and kiss my heart with revelation from Your Word of how deep the love of God is for me. I want to experience Your affections and passions in a deeper way. I want to feel Your desire for me and know how much You enjoy me. Increase my capacity for more of You as I mature in intimacy with You. Living Flame of Love touch the deepest places of my heart; let me see what You see and feel what You feel about me. Let intimacy with You be the highest purpose of my life; let it define who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment