Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Song of Solomon 1:4 Draw me after You

“I know there must be more than this” is a cry arising from the hearts of hungry believers across the globe. As God begins to open our hearts to His affections and emotions through revelation from His Word, these “Kisses” He imparts awakens our soul to Divine love. Our soul having been awakened, longs to be drawn deeper and deeper by the Holy Spirit into the intimacies of His love. Once our heart has been touched by the fire of His love, all other things will leave us empty. Even spiritual activities can’t satisfy our deepest longings, only our Beloved Himself can truly satisfy us.


Desire begins to increase within us to be drawn away to a place where we can feel His heartbeat, to see His face, and to know the things that please Him. But the depths of this longing go far beyond our ability to pursue and obtain fulfillment. By nature we are averse to press in to the depths of His love, while our spirit is willing our flesh is weak. We have not yet attained to a maturity and discipline to quiet our soul and posture our heart before His Living Flame of Love which is the only place where true contentment can be found. We are constantly pulled in multiple directions from a society embedded in entertainment. And then there are desires for titles, positions in ministry, or economic status. The list goes on-and-on of things that are contending for our affections and time, but at the end of the day all these things leave us unsatisfied.

Therefore we must pray for the help of the Holy Spirit to “draw us after Him” - deeper into the center of His heart, to overpower the world and the flesh that entice us away from Him. We must pray continually to be drawn away from all other loves that contend for our affections and attention; we need His anointing and grace to follow after Him with all our heart, mind, and soul.

We are created for deep intimate union with the Lord; He calls Himself a Bridegroom, which reveals to us that He is the one who is pursuing us. At the very core of our being there is a longing to know the fire of His love in a place of deep intimate union; this is what we were made for!

The Lord loves to draw us close to Himself, He says “…I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.” (Jeremiah 31:3) Let us confess our weakness and inadequacies to pursue our Bridegroom God and call upon His passionate desire for us to draw us after Him.

Devotional Prayer
Draw me after You my Beloved; draw me away from the distractions of this life that try to steal my affections that rightly belong to You. Draw me away from worthless things that have the deceptive appearance of fulfillment and joy; for only in You can I truly know fulfillment and purpose to my life. I long to keep Your commandment to love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, but how I need your anointing that enables me to fulfill this desires of my heart. My life vision is found in giving You pleasure and belonging to You. Draw me after You, deep into Your heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment